Monday, September 1, 2008

Is that a wrinkle?



I never thought the day would come when I would actually say 'I'm in High School'. Just the sound of it sounds so old! When i was smaller a high schooler seemed like an adult. They were so big and smart, and I swear I'm not that old. It seemes like they've shrunck over the years. Now, that i'm actually in high school it seemes like i'm too young to be there. I can't imagine what my partents are feeling. Their baby is a Sophmore...creepy!



I was a little nervous the night before school, 'did I have everything i needed?' 'what if i get lost?' 'will my classes be good?' 'will i have friends in my classes?' You know, the usuall pre-school worries. I had wandered around the school to a couple of my classes with mom on registration day, but I was so lost and mixed up the whole time that it did no good anyway. So I got there and found my locker just fine, then the rest of the day was a breeze! I didn't get lost once, i never even had a doubt in my mind of where i was or where i was going. I even helped a few people get to their classes. So, basically i'm a walking compass, what's up! Part of the reason is because i'm part bloodhound.

I have at least one friend in every class, or at least someone I'm comfortable with. Lots of my friends have my same lunch, and my locker is in the new hall and right next to a couple of my close friends. I have great teachers, the best in every subject. (that was lucky) So, all in all it is going to be a great year. GO ROY!!

2 comments:

tharker said...

Yay for the start of high school! It is so exciting. I loved high school. Enjoy your time there Amber, it goes quickly!

erin said...

Glad you survived you first weeks of high school. I told you you'd love it! "Blood hound huh", nice line ;) lov ya