Saturday, September 6, 2008

HAPPY B-DAY LARISSA!!

Today is Larissa's birthday and we just wanted to let everyone know how amazing this woman is. She was our Young Women leader for a few years. She was so fun and all her lessons were amazing! She always had the best attitude. She was a great example to me and everyone around her. Not only was she so cool and down to earth, but she was also hilarious and so fun to be around. She was always so much fun, and had great ideas.


But, to every great beginning there has to be an end. On a cold and dreary day (actually it was quite warm, but my heart was cold) her and family moved out of our ward and across the contry. Her husband got accepted to Duke University in North Carolina. It just so happens that she moved on the day we went to girl's camp. So she made a mini-larissa for us, and we took her everywhere.

(left)This is a picture of her reading her scriptures, man she is good. (right) This is her at our faith activity. She always participates!
















(left)This is her piggin' out on our refreshments. Vanilla ice cream in a waffle bowl with yummies on top really gave her a sugar high. She wouldn't stop talking and couldn't hold still!






This is her modeling her gangsta' look. Okay, really we were just blindfolded and being led through the church for our "Faith in every Footstep" activity.


This is her battle wound from Girls camp. We were all sitting around the fire and she just got too close. A piece of hot ash fell on her, right on her heart. but don't worry it didn't go all the way through. fewwww!

You may see this picture and think: OUCH!! But that really isn't the case. It was also part of our Faith Walk. We were split into pairs, one person had to touch a hot iron that had a short in it(that was me). The other had to touch the trigger to this mouse trap, which was loosened so it didn't even hurt. The only problem was that we didn't know this until later, we just had to trust... I mean... have faith in our leaders to not lead us astray.



Here is our amazing YW. There is a grand total of 4 girls, actually 5.

Thanks Larissa for the great person you are. I hope you had a great birthday. You deffinatly deserved it. We miss ya and think about you often. I'm glad you're doing well in NC.

ps. thanks for the clothes. You were right, a package was super fun. It was great to hear from you and get a package addressed to me! bye.

Hi Larissa, this is patti in person and actually typing by my very self. Amber has really taken to this blog business and i feel it my responsibility to take back ownership of pattios place. (how pathetic of me, I just had to ask amber what my blog was called) Happy Happy Birthday dear Larissa who remains in our hearts even though she is clear across the nation. We have had so much fun carrying you with us and now that you are older we aren't sure if you are eating like you should cause you haven't gained or lost weight. Actually, that is veryvery good. I thought about you all day yesterday as we were doing the giant roy youth service project of weeding and clearing the walk path that's suppose to be going in soon. I hope your day was filled with being pampered till it gushed out your eyeballs. We miss you extremely and miss that sweet little voice of easton's. Stay as young and beautiful as you are! Guess what, Justin berry got his mission call to taiwan and will be speaking mandarine orange chinese. Speaking of berry's, the family that moved into thier home has 6 boys and one girl. they just moved in and came to church for the first time. Susan got released as sec. and got put in as home a family enrichment leader. Guess they decided it was unnecessary to have more leaders than yw. I am putting together a card swap night , wanna come? Got any callings yet? take care

2 comments:

tharker said...

I LOVE that you guys still got to celebrate with your beloved YW leader. You're so creative!!!

Larissa said...

You guys are WAY too good to me! That was the happiest birthday present I could get! Yes, I still look amazing even after that large bowl of ice cream with yummies. What a birthday treat for me.

Amber- Your creativity will never cease to amaze me. I hope you can entertain me with it for the rest of my life (and I also enjoy hearing all of those nice things you say about me). Thanks for making that post. Seriously, it probably made my entire 27th year! So, how is high school my little high school friend? Are you missing Erin so much or are you basking in the undivided attention from Mom and Pops (or trying to avoid the undivided attention of Mom and Pops)? Keep me posted.

Patti- Is it really you? So good to have you back (but I think you and Amber should share or I will miss her too much). We actually celebrated my birthday a few days early because Brady had stuff going on my birthday. But, I'd say I got pampered because we went to the beach for 3 days (before Hurricane Hannah hit of course) and I loved every second of it. I will post pictures on my blog soon. Mandarin Orange Chinese!!! Go Justin! Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I need to be caught up on the Roy 10th news. I'm so jealous you're doing a card night. I just made some thank you cards last night as a wedding gift for my sister. I could've used some fresh ideas and fun company. I definitely wish I could be there for it! You'll have to take pictures of all your cards and send them to me so I can have some new ideas to work with. And, we still have no callings. We are flying under the radar in our ENORMOUS ward. They filled all the nursery callings a few weeks ago so I'm off the hook there. Wheeeww!

Ok, so this comment is much more like an email than a comment and I apologize for taking up so much space. But I was so excited about the post and had so much to say. You guys are true BFFs. Love ya!