Saturday, September 20, 2008

A whole new you!

Last week I took a leap of faith. I cut my hair shorter then I ever have before in my life! I decided I wanted to try an A-line. Amanda, who cut my hair last time (who is also a counselor in YW) said that she wanted to try that on my hair. She said I would look good with that style. So, I decided to trust her professional advice. While I was at it I figured i would do the whole shibang, so I also got blond streaks. I've had streaks before but they were completely grown out.

I figured it would be a waist of time to actually do my hair cute the day I went in. So, I just threw my hair in pig-tails for the day. When my appointment rolled around I had gone through the day of school with pig-tails, so I had a SWEET crease in my hair. When Amanda pulled out my hair things to get started I was almost embarassed by my reflection. I looked like a wanna-be-lion! My seft-esteem dropped about 4 points. Mom, stayed for a bit, while i decided what exactly i wanted, then she went shopping in the area until i was done. When my Mom was leaving and Amanda was about to start she said, "Patti, when you get back she will be a whole new Amber!" Then she turned to me and said, "Are you excited to be a whole new you?" I took one look in the mirror and my answer was obvious. YES!!

The best part was deffinatly the part where she washed my hair. It was like a scalp masage. I'm drooling just thinking about it. It was yummy! She told me the shampoo and conditioner she used was yummy smelling too, but i had to just take her word on it, because i was so conjested and sick that i wouldn't know if a skunk sprayed me.

When she finished i was amazed at how she knew exactly what i wanted. It was like our minds were connected and she could see what i wanted to look like. When my mom came in she was so happy. After eveyone had their fill of complimenting and thanking we left. When we were in the car mom told me how much she loved the new look. Then she told me...well, I'll just type it word for word, so you understand how i felt. "Wow, the transformation is amazing. When i left you looked like a sack of potatos," giggle giggle, "now you look so much better." Gee, thanks mom, that made my day! :) But no harm done, because even though i didn't want to admitt it, she was right.

Everyone at the football game that night and at school loved it. Personally i love it too. Doing my hair cute has never been so easy! Mom said that this length is totally my look and that is the cutest my hair has ever been. What do you think?
This is a day after it was cut.



Here is my highlights. They aren't way noticable in this picture, but the get the gist.

Look at that A-line! The best part about this hair do is that it looks poofed naturally. It gives the back more layer and cutepoofness. (thanks, i just made up that word!) it is a lot easier to straighten and style. Its the best.

Erin, I don't care how you do it, but get me a picture of your hair or so help me i will ride my bike there and see it myself. I don't care if you have to borrow a stranger's camera and download it onto your laptop, just get it! Love ya. :)

Well, Amanda was right, I really am a whole new me! (thank goodness!)

7 comments:

Allison said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Your hair is adorable! Its exactly what I want my hair to look like (but never will) I totally love it, your my hair inspiration.

Erica said...

Girl that is some saxy hair!! I love it. Good for you, I finally cut mine after 9 months, goes to show how much I care about myself! Good job! Love it!

Ashley said...

Amber your hair looks 110% amazing! I love, love, love it!! It's spicy and fun and totally fits you! I can't wait to see it in person...so keep it short! It looks so awesome!

erin said...

Boughg your hair looks terrable, what did you do?! ..... Ok just kidding, even though that wasn't really funny. I just thought I'd give ya some divercity in comments, I can't let your head get too big with all those admaration comments, cause you're alreay too cute for your own good, my little model sister! I love it, and don't forget I told you so.. I always knew that was the look for you since forver ago, and I'm so proud that you finaly found the guts to chop it! It's "HOT LAVA" ;) And about the bike threat, i don't know how you're gonna make it all the way to logan when i know you can't even get over the over-pass. But hey, PROVE ME WRONG sis, I'd love a visit!!! Watch for cars and deer while ridding through the canyon ;) love ya, and see you soon!!! P.S even if I did commit a federal offence and stole someones camera, I still would have no idea how to post it on mom's blog. but I'll do my best!

tharker said...

Amber, Amber, Amber....SO STINKING CUTE!!!

Landon R said...

Well, I was going to wait and comment on the "sweet dresses" but I just couldn't resist, and I must say that your hair is beautiful. I'm so proud of you trying something like that; super cute....It kind of reminds me of when you about....2yrs old and had a SAWEEET short-hair look ;)
p.s still waiting on the promised dresses

Larissa said...

Holy Smokes! I LOVE new 'do! Now 15-year-old Amber is looking a little more like 17 or 18ish. Yowza! LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair!