Monday, September 22, 2008

Can you say KILLER DEAL?

Last Thursday Mom and I went to a warehouse sale for formal dresses. It was basically a mega-clearance sale of last season's dresses. Erin knows a girl who has an aunt that works there, so we were able to go to this sale. We came in the doors, said who referred us to this sale, listened to a couple rules, then went dress-crazy! There were racks and racks of 100's of dresses. There were about 100 girls and their moms there, going through the dresses. You pretty much go through the dresses and grab any and all you want before someone else takes it. Some people grabbed an empty rack and just loaded all their dresses on them.

I found out that i am extremely picky when it comes to dresses. There were a ton of the mermaid dresses. The ones that are narrow, then flair out at your knees. Yeah, not my favorite. there were also a lot of just strait-silky ones. There were some very interesting ones, i wish i took a picture of some, but oh well. So we finally found 4 really pretty ones. One, however, had weird sleeve things and was a bit too overboard with beads. So we ended up with these three. My friend also got three which were really pretty. My favorite of hers was brown and poofy and cute.

Now it is time to guess how much each dress cost and how much i spent total. Good luck!


Here is the first one. Cost anyone? Now, before you go judging me, just know that my mother is a woman with mad skills and can add sleeves and make it nice and modest.

Here is number two.


Number three, you cant really see it, but there are lots of pretty beads on this one. The light kind of makes it look more white. It is really more purple.

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for. Hold on to your socks and toupees, really. They were $200-$400 dresses originally, but we got them brand-spankin'-new for $25 each! We spent $75 total. No joke. I was so happy.

Here are some more pictures. Now, i know these poses are a little weird, but it is really hard to think of fun poses in corsets!


I know this is really random, but this is the first day of school picture. This was my first haircut, my hair now is shorter.

Anyway, that is my amazing news. feel free to express how jealous you are of my sweet find! ;) he he. And say what you thought they would cost, it would be fun to know.

bye

7 comments:

Brooklet said...

Wow! You look beautiful in all of the dresses. My favorite is probably the pink one because of the way it kinda cascades down in the front. How fun is that to get four formal dress for that inexpensive?? Awesome! I can't wait to see the final project pictures too!

Landon R said...

dang girl, super cute, ....and I beat Erin to leave a comment.

tharker said...

I can't believe those were only 25 bucks! Amazing! I can't wait to see what your mom does with her mad skillz. We all know she's got 'em and ain't afraid to show 'em! Go Patti!

I too love the pink one for the shape, but I LOVE the blue on you.

I am with you on not so much love for mermaid style dresses. Now I'm a girl who loves the 80's, and early 90's but I really feel weird about seeing girls wearing dresses that I wore back in the day.

Erica said...

Girl's got it goin' on! Ow! You are so saxy in those dresses. I would've guessed like at least $125 (billion dollars)! My fave would be the pink too, cause I always thought my wedding dress would have that fabric that drapes in front...super cute!! Lucky find. Can we play dress up when I come visit? I could just put the dress over my thigh (cause that's all it would fit)!!!

Meg said...

So who did you get to model those dresses? Them boys best be ready with that girl roaming the streets!

Larissa said...

You're a real live Disney Princess! I thought each dress was probably $100, and when I saw 4 of them I figured you two must've gotten a little bit spendy. Purple is my favorite. I love the corset back. I would choose skinny over breathing any day.

Ashley said...

SUPER cute dresses, and the model of course. I agree with Erica...maybe we can play dress up and my ankle could fit in the dress or something fun! =). haha.

I'm still amazed with how cheap those dresses are...gotta love the hookups.

Fill me/us in on Park City!!