Saturday, October 11, 2008

Heart attack!

~PRELUDE~

Well, last Friday i had a very memorable experience. I accidentally set my alarm clock an hour late on Thursday night. I woke up on my own and said the traditional "oh crap! You've got to be kidding!" line. I usually wake up at 6:30 and my ride comes around 7:30. My alarm clock read 7:00. I jumped out of bed and used my amazing skills. Ever since i was little I've had a very unusual talent. Under certain circumstances I can get ready super fast. My record is 5 minutes, i even did everything i usually did in about 45 minutes. that is what i call skill and multitasking.

Anywho, I got ready with time to spare. Then I finally looked at the kitchen clock for the first time. It said 6:30. WHAT! I laughed so hard! i found a good alternative to sleeping, I read my book in the front room.

~STORY I WAS GOING TO WRITE IN THE FIRST PLACE~

At about 7:00 am (it was still dark) I heard a car door open and then close in front of our house. I figured it was for the neighbors, then i remembered my friend telling me he was going to toilet paper my house when he got his license that week. I doubted it would be him so I just kept reading. Then there was a loud BANG on my front door. It sounded like someone slammed their fist on the door.

I froze completely. My stomach sank and my limbs tingled. I was so scared especially since i was so close to the front door. I look through the window but the angle was off, so i couldn't see if someone was there. I knew it wasn't my friend, cause he wouldn't do that. Tons of thoughts flew through my head. I wondered if it was a coincidence I woke up an hour early.



I gathered enough courage to move upstairs to my room where i could look out the window so see if there were any cars or people. Nothing was there. I used all the courage i could muster to go downstairs and look through the door window. Nobody was there. I looked down. Sitting on my door-step was the morning's newspaper! Stupid newspaper boy!
I felt so retarded! I was embarrassed that i actually thought i was in danger or something. Looking back on it now i realize how silly i was. But when you feel like your heart is about to beat it's way out of your chest, you can't think really clearly.

~MORAL OF THE STORY~

if you wake up early and have extra time to read, just know that the paper boy isn't a mass murder and the newspaper is not going to run at you and attack you!



By-Amber jo Rencher

(sorry all the pictures are in the light, just imagine a spooky, halloweenish, dark morning. oh, and sorry for not capitalizing anything, it just takes too much energy!)

7 comments:

Brooklet said...

I completely feel for you! I would have been scared too, my heart would have been a pumping! One day I will have to tell you the story of what happened to us when we first moved here to PA. It involved the middle of the night, a mirror and a search of the house, with me carrying a baseball bat! Scary!

Ashley said...

Sis, smooth on the alarm thing. Funny story about the paper. My heart pounding experience was our picture frame falling onto a radiator heater. Nothin' like an adrenaline rusher.

Loves.

Ashley said...

PS, comment above from logan

Erica said...

Dang girl...it's a good thing the newspaper didn't have fangs or you would've been in big trouble! Next time just go back to sleep for the rest of the day and don't worry about school!

tharker said...

I've had moments like this too. One night, I heard this huge thud. It was so loud that it woke me up out of a sound sleep. I jumped out of bed, and tried to search for something to use to protect myself. Of course I had nothing, so I grabbed a curling iron. {Yeah, cuz that's really going to beat off the bad guys!} I peeked in the kids' rooms and could hear them all sleeping soundly, so then I checked all the rooms and closets downstairs.

Finally, satisfied that there was no one in the house, I came back upstairs to go back to bed. I just happened to look into the boys' room one last time, and I saw Josh on the floor. I finally realized what the huge thud was, and I felt so dumb for being so scared. I still can't believe Josh just slept through falling onto the floor though :)

Jaylynn said...

Ooooh, you had me wondering too, I figured it wasgoing to be your friend jumping out of the bushes or something! I love all you comments on our blog, u are so cute! We had a great time! And yes, next time we go on a trip u r welcome to jump in our suitcase & come be our trip nanny for the kids ;) hee hee good to be back

erin said...

oh my heck sis, I can totally picture this whole seen, you little drama queen, and I can also picture me laughing at you the whole time!! That is a freakin halarious story! I love your narative,I truly felt like I was apart of your living nightmare, mainly because of your awsome pics (very clever play by play ;) you cute girl! ha ha you crack me up!